We're very excited about this new addition to our line of backpacks. The Marlondo Leather Co. Messenger Backpack is a hybrid and we're really proud of it. It's the result of lots of customer feedback, lots of testing, and a desire to create a vertically oriented messenger bag that functions well as either a shoulder carried bag, crossbody bag, or a backpack. The result is what you see here!
Currently we are offering the Messenger Backpack in our vintage leather line. The vintage dark brown versions are made with full grain, chrome tanned, cowhide leather. The vintage tobacco versions are made with full grain, vegetable tanned cowhide leather.
We also offer the Messenger Backpack in our standard dark brown, tobacco, and black color line made with 100% full grain, vegetable tanned cowhide leather.
The Marlondo Messenger Backpack is an organizer's dream. It offers multiple compartments with various capabilities.
The overall dimensions of the Messenger Backpack are: 15" high x 11.6" wide x 7" deep. It weighs approx. 6 1/2 lbs. This weight includes the adjustable shoulder strap with shoulder pad and the set of adjustable backpack straps.
Upon opening the main flap, you'll be greeted with 3 distinct compartments:
- The smaller front pocket has its own flap with snaps to keep it closed. It's large enough to house most electronic tablets (for scale, it will hold a 13" MacBook Air but the flap will not snap shut so it will easily hold a 12.9" iPad Pro or electronic device of similar or smaller dimensions). This is also a great spot to stash your charging cords, wallet, checkbook, or other small items you want to keep out of the main compartments of your Messenger Backpack. It is approx. one inch deep.
- The next two internal compartments are identical in width, with both being 11.2" wide internally.
- The middle compartment is approx. 1.75" deep.
- The rear compartment is approx. 4.25" deep.
- Both the middle and rear compartment are capable of housing most 15" or smaller laptop computers. We encourage you to measure your laptop or look up the dimensions of your machine online to confirm that the Messenger Backpack will accommodate it. More details about this may be read on our F.A.Q. page.
- On the exterior of the Messenger Backpack you'll find open slot pockets on each side. These are excellent for storing your sunglasses case for quick, easy access. They'll also easily accommodate a standard water bottle (such as a Dasani water bottle or one of similar dimensions).
- Along the back of the backpack you'll find an open slot pocket. This is a great spot to stash your boarding pass while traveling by plane or train. It's also sized ideally for a newspaper, magazine, small book or journal too.
Other great features:
- Made with 100% full grain cowhide leather sourced from the USA.
- UV resistant marine grade nylon thread is used for all stitching
- Includes a generously sized, adjustable shoulder strap with shoulder pad - will adjust for cross body carry.
- The Messenger Backpack also includes a set of fully adjustable, dedicated backpack straps that easily attach to the d-rings on the back of the bag (see 3rd photo).
- Rivets are used in various places in the design as reinforcement and provide a rustic aesthetic too.
- All hardware is solid brass for durability.
- Read about Marlondo's choice of leather.
- Read about caring for your Marlondo Leather product.
- Questions? Feel free to email us and we will get right back to you!
We are now accepting Pre-Orders for the Vintage Messenger Backpack. If you wish to use the Pre-Order feature, GREAT! Most Pre-Orders will take approx. 8-10 weeks to process.
Shipping for all orders originating within the United States is free. If you wish to upgrade shipping, you'll be given that option during the checkout process.
If you're located outside of the USA, you'll be given international shipping rate choices from the USPS, FedEx, UPS, and DHL. Please select your shipping choice and we'll make the arrangements. If for some reason your country is not listed or you are having difficulty with shipping fees, please let us know and we'll work with you to get the situation resolved. Please note that we are not responsible for any duties, taxes, fees, or customs charges that may be assessed at the individual country level. Thank you.
Connect with us on acebook.
We Also Recommend